The Development Bank of Zambia is a dependable development finance institution, regulated by the Bank of Zambia, supervised by the Ministry of Finance, and mandated by the Government of the Republic of Zambia to provide financial and non-financial solutions to enhance economic growth in the country.
As mandated, under Section 12 (1) of the DBZ Act Chapter 363 to, among other things:
- Make available long, medium and short term finance and equity investment for economic development;
- Provide technical assistance and advisory services for the purpose of promoting economic development;
- Assist in obtaining and placing foreign investment for the purpose of promoting economic development;
- Administer on such terms and conditions as may be approved by the Board such special funds as may from time to time be placed at the disposal of the Bank;
In order to maintain reasonable diversification in investments among all sectors of the economy, we provide capital and other resources for investment in the following main areas:
- Agriculture and agri-processing;
- Manufacturing, tourism and hospitality;
- Transport, Storage and Communications;
- Mining, Construction and Renewable Energy; and
- Infrastructure and other economic activities
- Supporting investment in both the public and private sector to galvanize growth, productivity, employment, wealth creation and broad based citizen’s economic empowerment;
- Supporting infrastructure financing to catalyze economic activity and improve service delivery; and
- Proactively providing technical support in terms of policy advocacy and advice to government and other stakeholders
For more information: www.dbz.co.zm.