The governance structure is based on 5 pillars:
- The General Assembly
- The Steering Committee
- The Honorary Presidency
- The Honorary Treasury
- The Secretariat
The General Assembly is the deliberative and decision-making body of the Network.
Its responsibilities are:
- Set the general policy.
- Discuss, propose and adopt the strategy.
- Elect officials, appoint the auditors.
- Approve and amend the By-laws and regulations.
- Approve the suspension and exclusion of members.
The General Assembly consists of representatives from each Member.
The Annual General Assembly is held each year.
Members of the General Assembly meeting during the 15th Annual Meeting held from 25 to 27 June 2019 in Geneva.
The Steering Committee is currently composed of 11 members. It meets twice a year in the context of its statutory meetings.
It performs the following functions:
- Support of the definition and implementation of the Network’s work programme.
- Draw-up of detailed proposals and operational guidelines for the realisation of the objectives to which the Network is dedicated.
- Examination of proposals and suggestions of the Members of the Network.
- Approval of application requests for new memberships.
- Recommendation of the suspension or exclusion of Members to the General Assembly.
- Management of the Secretariat.
- Execution of any other duties as may be assigned to it by the General Assembly.
Presently, it is composed of the following members:
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Central African States Development Bank (BDEAC)
- Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ)-
- Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (TDB)
- ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)
- Export-Import Bank of India (India Exim Bank)
- Ghana Export-Import Bank (GEXIM)
- IIndonesia Eximbank (IEB)
- Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC) – to be ratified
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
- Saudi Export Program (SEP) – to be ratified
Other G-NEXID members are invited as observers.
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is a permanent observer.
Members of the Steering Committee meeting during the 4th Exchange Programme held in Cairo from 9 to 11 November 2019.
The Presidency provides guidance and leadership to the Network, based on the deliberations of the General Assembly and the Steering Committee.
The Honorary Presidency is headed by an Honorary President (CEO/President/MD of a Steering Committee Member) elected by the General Assembly every two years (with the possibility of being re-elected once).
Since 25 June 2019, the Presidency is assumed by Ghana EXIM Bank.
The current Honorary President is Mr Lawrence Agyinsam, CEO of Ghana EXIM Bank.
The Treasury is responsible for the review of G-NEXID’s financial status at the Steering Committee and Annual General Assembly meetings, including the presentation of the audited accounts.
The Treasury is headed by an Honorary Treasurer (CFO/Director Finance and Accounting of a Steering Committee Member) elected by the General Assembly.
The current Honorary Treasurer is Mr Sydney O. Vanderpuye, Director of Finance and Accounting at the ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID).
The Secretariat is responsible for the daily management of the Network.
The headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland.
It is managed by Alejandro Gómez, as Coordinator.