The governance structure of G-NEXID is composed of:
- The General Assembly
- The Steering Committee
- The Presidency
- The Secretariat
The General Assembly is the deliberative and decision-making body of the Network.
Its responsibilities are:
- Set the general policy of the Global Network.
- Discuss, propose and adopt the strategy.
- Elect officials, appoint the auditors.
- Approve and amend the By-laws and regulations.
- Approve the suspension and exclusion of members.
The General Assembly consists of representatives from each Member.
The Annual General Assembly is held each year.
The Steering Committee is currently composed of 6 members. It meets twice a year in the context of its statutory meetings.
It performs the following functions:
- Support of the definition and implementation of the Network’s work programme.
- Draw-up of detailed proposals and operational guidelines for the realisation of the objectives to which the Network is dedicated.
- Examination of proposals and suggestions of the Members of the Network.
- Approval of application requests for new memberships.
- Recommendation of the suspension or exclusion of Members to the General Assembly.
- Management of the Secretariat.
- Execution of any other duties as may be assigned to it by the General Assembly.
Presently, it is composed of the following members:
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Brazilian Developement Bank (BNDES)
- Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ)
- ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
Other G-NEXID members are invited as observers. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is a permanent observer.
The Presidency provides guidance and leadership to the Network, based on the deliberations of the General Assembly and the Steering Committee.
The Presidency is headed by an Honorary President(CEO/President/MD of a Steering Committee Member) elected by the General Assembly every two years (with the possibility of being reelected once).
Since May 2015, the Presidency is assumed by NEXIM.
The Secretariat is responsible for the daily management of the Network.
The headquarters are located in Geneva, Switzerland.