The governance structure of G-NEXID is composed of:
- The General Assembly
- The Steering Committee
- The Presidency
- The Secretariat
The General Assembly is the deliberative and decision-making body of the Network.
Its responsabilities are:
- set the general policy of the Global Network
- discuss, propose and adopt the strategy
- elect officials, appoint the auditors
- approve and amend the By-laws and regulations
- approve and suspend members.
The General Assembly consists of representatives from each Member.
The Annual General Assembly is held each year.
The Steering Committee is currently composed of 6 members. It meets twice a year in the context of its statutory meetings.
It performs the following functions:
- Support of the definition and implementation of the Network’s work programme.
- Draw-up of detailed proposals and operational guidelines for the realisation of the objectives to which the Network is dedicated.
- Examination of proposals and suggestions of the Members of the Network.
- Approval of application requests for new memberships.
- Recommendation of the suspension or exclusion of Members to the General Assembly.
- Management of the Secretariat.
- Execution of any other duties as may be assigned to it by the General Assembly.
The decisions adopted by the Steering Committee are recorded in minutes and are binding.
Presently, it is composed of the following members:
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Brazilian Developement Bank (BNDES)
- Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ)
- ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
Other G-NEXID members are also invited as observers. UNCTAD is a permanent observer.
The 2017 Second Steering Committee Meeting took place in Rio de Janeiro, on 6 November 2017.
The Presidency provides guidance and leadership to the Network, based on the deliberations of the General Assembly and the Steering Committee.
The Presidency is headed by an Honorary Presidency (CEO/President/MD of a Steering Committee Member) elected by the General Assembly every two years (with the possibility of being reelected once).
Since May 2015, the Presidency is assumed by NEXIM.
The Secretariat is responsible for the daily management of the Network. It coordinates and supervises the activities of the Network.
The Secretariat is located at the headquarters of the Network in Geneva.