12th Annual General Assembly of G-NEXID
Members of G-NEXID assembled to attend the 12th Annual General Assembly Meeting in Geneva on 10 July 2017
Geneva, 10 July 2017 – Held at the headquarters of the United Nations Office at Geneva on 10 July 2017, the 12th Annual General Assembly of G-NEXID combined formal statutory meetings with a workshop on “Promoting South-South Trade through Cross-Border Trade Finance and Project Finance Transactions”. This year’s General Assembly preceded the 6th Global Review of Aid for Trade at the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The Network unanimously endorsed the candidature of Mr Abubakar Abba Bello, Managing Director of the Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM), as its sixth Honorary President. He indicated that under his Presidency he will fully support the implementation of the Network’s objectives, particularly the 5-Year Strategy.
The workshop included presentations on key trends in South-South trade, new initiatives and activities of the members. . Representatives from Berne Union, FCI, ITC and UNCTAD intervened as speakers.
Participating members included the following institutions:
- African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank),
- Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES),à
- Development Bank of the Central African States (BDEAC)
- Development Bank of Latin America (CAF)
- Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ),
- ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)
- Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank)
- Indonesia Eximbank (LPEI)
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM).
The Export-Import Bank of Ghana (GEXIM) also attended the workshop.as a special guest.