Taking place during the 15th Annual General Assembly (23-24 September 2020), the webinar on ‘Fintech solutions for DFIs in the post-COVID-19 era’ addressed 5 key issues:
- How new technologies hold the key to commercially viable MSME financing and better MSME management.
- ADB’s contributions to fintech issues through its trade initiatives.
- The role of ICC’s Digitalisation of Trade Finance Working Group in addressing the “Digital Islands’ that characterize Fintech.
- The rise in fraud and how the new fintech can prevent it (especially when used in factoring).
- It was followed by a dialogue that allowed members and guests to share experience on their initiatives on fintech.
As fintech has become an increasingly important issue for DFIs, G-NEXID starts a 8-week online training programme on the blockchain on 30 September 2020. This webinar this constituted an introduction to this capacity-building initiative.