19 May 2015, 10th Annual General Assembly
The 10th Annual General Assembly of G-NEXID was held in Geneva on 19 May 2015. The General Assembly was followed by a workshop on the following topic: South/South cooperation and the Post-2015 development agenda: initiatives and challenges for trade flows.
Annual General Assembly
The event was open by the Honorary President of G-NEXID, Mr. Rubens V. Amaral Jr. (CEO of BLADEX.), and Mr. Guillermo Valles Galmés (Director, International Trade in Goods, Services and Commodities, UNCTAD).
They affirmed the importance of engaging in the diplomatic process characterized by the 3 upcoming major events of the year for the UN:
- 3rd UN Conference on Financing for Development, Addis Abbeba, 13-16 July 2015.
- UN Summit for the Adoption of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, New York, 25-27 September 2015.
- 21st Session of the Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Paris, 30 November – 11 December 2015.
Mr. Roberts U. Orya, Managing Director of Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM Bank), was elected the new Honorary President of G-NEXID for a term of two years.
Mr. Gonzalo de Castro, Senior Executive at CAF, was re-elected as Honorary Treasurer for a term of two years.
Workshop: South/South cooperation and the Post-2015 development agenda: initiatives and challenges for trade flows
The workshop offered the opportunity for members to take stock on key issues related to:
- South/South trade flows
- Trade in the post-2015 development agenda
- South/South development finance
- New initiatives fostering South/South cooperation
- Regulatory framework of trade finance
- Christian Delachenal (ITC): South-South Trade and ITC Trade Map
- Miho Shirotori (UNCTAD): Post-2015 Agenda, Trade, SDGs and FfD, Miho Shirotori (UNCTAD)
- Daniel Poon (UNCTAD): Fostering South-South Development Finance
- Sangeeta Sharma and David Sinate (Exim Bank of India): New Iniatives fostering South/South Cooperation: Experiences from the BRICS
- Marc Auboin (WTO): Threats and Challenges for Trade Finance arising from Regulatory Issues, Marc Auboin