Central African States Development Bank




The Central African States Development Bank (the “Bank”), otherwise known under the French acronym BDEAC, was established in Bangui on 3 December 1975, under the Convention agreed upon by members of  the Council of Heads of State of the Central Africa Customs and Economic Union (UDEAC), which later became the Central Africa Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC).

It officially launched its activities on 2 January 1977.

With its Headquarters based in Brazzaville (Republic of Congo), and Country offices in the 5 remaining CEMAC States (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea and Chad), BDEAC has the legal status of an International Financial Institution endowed with full legal personality and financial autonomy.

The Bank positions itself between:

(i) Multilateral Development Banks financing major development projects and programmes through concessional and non concessional operations; and

(ii) Local financial institutions mostly inclined to provide short term loans.


The authorized share capital was initially set at CFAF 160 billion, and increased to 250 billion in April 2009. it has amounted to CFAF 1 200 billion since June 2014.

A 10% ratio of the called-up share capital, otherwise labelled « paid-up share capital » is paid for in full, and the other 90% make up the « callable share capital » used as a guarantee (security).

Currently, BDEAC shareholding structure comprises two classes broken down as follows:

Class A – comprising the 6 members of CEMAC region (8,48% each).

Class B – comprising BEAC (33,43%), AfDB (3,38%), France (4,23%), Kuwait (0,08%) and Libya (1,67%) and unsubscribed shares (6,33%).

Presentation of the BDEAC (in English)

Presentation of the BDEAC (in French)

For more information: https://www.bdeac.org.

Recent news: