Group photo in Cairo, 10 October 2019
Cairo, 11 October 2019 – The 4th Exchange Programme –a Capacity-building and Learning Event organised by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)– concluded on 11 October 2019 after three days of presentations and dialogues on Afreximbank’s institutional framework and products, dialogues with the Central Bank of Egypt and VEB.RF, and the 2019 Second Steering Committee Meeting, The programme delivered substantial networking, information exchange/sharing of best practices and capacity building opportunities in the framework of G-NEXID’s current Strategic Plan.
Driven by G-NEXID’s objective to facilitate cooperation among export-import banks and development finance institutions in support of South-South trade, investment and project finance, the 2019 G-NEXID Exchange Programme –a Capacity-building and Learning Event organised by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) in Cairo, from 9 to 11 October 2019– follows earlier successful editions hosted by EXIM Bank of India (2016), BNDES (2017) and Indonesia Eximbank (2018).
Afreximbank shared its expertise in developing innovative solutions towards the promotion of intra-and extra-African trade including Africa-South trade. Accordingly, the broad areas covered were as follows:
- Afreximbank’s capital structure and funding;
- Afreximbank Strategic Plan 2017-2022 (Plan V – IMPACT 2021 – Africa Transformed);
- Afreximbank’s Instruments to Support Industrialization and Export Development across Africa;
- Project Finance – The Relevance of Project Preparation Funding;
- Key Trade Finance Products within IMPACT 2021 – Africa 21 Transformed;
- Guarantees and Specialised Finance;
- Asset Distribution and Leveraging – Syndications and Leveraging, Enterprise Risk Management at Afreximbank;
- Credit Value Chain – Risk Assessment and Analysis.
The Programme also featured presentations from VEB.RF (former name “ Vnesheconombank”) on Instruments of Russian Export Support and from the Central Bank of Egypt on the new Egyptian Export Credit Agency.
The 2019 Second Steering Committee Meeting and a Special Dinner concluded the 3-day programme.
Thanks to the presence of 12 institutions, the Programme delivered substantial networking, information exchange/sharing of best practices and capacity building opportunities for the participants.
The 5th Exchange Programme is scheduled to take place in Accra, under the leadership of Ghana EXIM Bank, in 2020.
Mr Lawrence Agyinsam (left), Honorary President of G-NEXID and CEO of Ghana EXIM Bank
Professor Benedict Oramah (right), President and Chairman of the Board, Afreximbank